October 27, 2007, BMW ///M Club DaymyRT1("9/21/2007,7,updated.gif")
BMW Performance Center, Spartanburg, SCThe National Capital Chapter and the Tarheel Chapter are pleased to announce the second ‘///M Club Day’ driving school of 2007 at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC. The expert instructors at the Performance Center design this event specifically for our Chapter members. It is truly a one-of-a-kind experience!
As always, the Performance Center provides the cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day. Just show up ready to drive! The school’s focus is to improve your driving skills through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. This school will be similar to previous Club Day events, which have included instruction on vehicle dynamics, proper driving position, grip, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer, improved vision and car control skills. The day is divided into various morning skill and afternoon competition sessions. Did we mention the Performance Center supplies the cars, gas, tires and lunch for the day?
We will be driving current model ///M Cars, which may include the new MZ4 Coupe, M5 and M6. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to the program, so session contents and cars may change depending on time schedules and new product model availability.
Since this is a joint school, each chapter will have 16 slots available (the school has 32 participants in total) and we anticipate that it will fill rapidly. The cost of the school is $625 per driver. Registration will open on September 21st and close on October 12th or when filled. Completed applications will be accepted first-come, first-served, based on postmark date or delivery date. Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of both the registration form and full payment. Your check reserves your spot! Postmark date or delivery date must be on or after September 21st. Both postmark date and delivery date have the same priority – they are equal for determining priority. All applications postmarked or received on the same day will be put into a random drawing for that day for selection into the school (same rules as NCC Drivers’ Schools).
To register, please fill out the website on-line form and print a copy. Submit your on-line registration form through the website and mail the printed copy along with your check or money order for $625 made payable to “NCC BMW CCA” to: Jerry Poliquin, 7700 Lear Road, McLean, VA 22102.
Each NCC member may bring one non-member driving guest. Each driver must pay the entire fee to participate. Non-driving guests are welcome to attend dinners, and any other non-driving related activities. Based on high demand and past experience, you should act early to reserve your spot. This event always fills up quickly.
We will once again be organizing a Friday morning convoy from northern Virginia to Greer for all interested attendees. NCC group rates have been arranged through the Westin Hotel in Greenville at $129/night. Dinner reservations have been made for the group. More information on these activities will be posted soon. Please contact Jerry Poliquin at or Doug Verner at for questions or additional information.
See you in Spartanburg!!!
Please check back to this site for updates and changes in this program.
Friday October 26, 2007
6:45AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
7:00AM - Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
3:00PM – Visit the Zentrum
5:30PM - Check-In @ the Westin Hotel in Greenville
6:30PM - Group Dinner @ Barley’s in Greenville
Saturday October 27, 2007
8:00AM - Meet @ Performance Center
8:15AM - Drive day begins
5:00PM - Drive day ends
6:30PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville
Sunday October 28, 2007
Drive home as a group or on-your-own.
The Fine Print:
- A current BMW CCA membership number is required.
- All drivers must be 18 or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Priority will be given to National Capital Chapter members for 16 of the 32 slots in the school. If the school is not filled by October 12, 2007, it will be opened to members of other BMW CCA Chapters (with priority to Tarheel Chapter members).
- Cost of $625 includes Performance Center M Club Day school with lunch. Each attendee is responsible for all other meals, lodging costs and travel expenses.
- If you do not get into the school and would like your voided check returned to you, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope. Otherwise, we will destroy your un-cashed check and application.
- Cancellation Policy – Last day to cancel without penalty is October 12th, 2007. If we can fill your slot after that date, you will receive a full refund. If your slot cannot be filled after October 12th, no refund will be provided.
Directions to the Start:
From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
- Take I-495 to I-66 west.
- Exit at 47B (north 234).
- Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
- Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
- Follow the directions above.