include_ext_php("random_photo.php"); include_ext_php("random_photo.php");include_ext_php("random_photo.php"); include_ext_php("random_photo.php");include_ext_php("random_photo.php");
N a t i o n a l  C a p i t a l  C h a p t e r   B M W  C a r  C l u b  o f  A m e r i c a

Home > Chapter Programs > Driving Schools > FAQs > Registration

What type of helmet is required?

BMW CCA regulations require that we use approved helmets. Helmets are tested and certified by the Snell Memorial Foundation, which publishes standards every five years or so. Separate standards are published for motorcycles (M) and for "special applications" (SA) such as auto racing. The current standards are dated 2005. Regulations require at least a Snell 2000 rating, but if you're buying a new helmet, it should be rated Snell 2005. The rating can be found on a sticker inside the helmet, under the padding. The Snell Memorial Foundation has information regarding the ratings and pictures of the stickers. (updated 10/23/2006)

You can also rent helmets from:

OG Racing
22585D Markey Court
Sterling, VA 20166

         SitemapSitemap     Page last updated: 01/07/2007

Copyright © 2008 National Capital Chapter,
BMW CCA, Inc.  All rights reserved.