June 10, 2001, Steppingstone Museum Scottish Highland Festival
Havre de Grace, MDSUMMER TOUR
Sunday, June 10, 2001
Steppingstone Museum Scottish Highland Festival
Havre de Grace, Maryland
Start Time: 11:00 A.M.
Our summer tour will take us from Ashland, MD (North of Baltimore) through the back roads of northern Maryland for a 90-minute drive to Havre de Grace, where we will take in the Steppingstone Museum Scottish Highland Festival. The festival features sheep shearing, Scottish dancers and music, the John F. Nicoll Pipe Band, lots of clan tents and vendors, Scottish and regular foods, Scottish beer, scone making, pipe bands, drumming, and sheep dog demonstrations. Sounds like fun for the whole family! Admission is $5.00. If you are interested in joining our Summer Tour, please RSVP no later than June 6, preferably by e-mail, to Steven Schlossman at 202-478-0768 .
These are new directions to the start, posted May 1, 2001.
Directions to the Start:
- Take I-95 north to I-695 west towards Towson.
- Take I-83 north.
- From I-83, take exit 20A, Shawan Road, towards Cockeysville.
- Turn right at the third light onto York Road.
- Turn left at the traffic light onto Ashland Road.
- Make an immediate right into Ashland Marketplace shopping center.
- We will meet near the Baja Fresh restaurant. A 7-Eleven, Bagel Works, coffee shop, and Shell gas station are near the start.