June 9, 2002, Naked Mountain Winery
SUMMER TOUR NAKED MOUNTAIN WINERY
Sunday, June 9, 2002
Time: 11:00 A.M.
Bring your picnic basket along for this year's Summer Tour. We will assemble
in Centreville at 11:00 a.m. and take a 90-minute drive through the back roads
of Virginia's horse country to the Naked Mountain Winery in Markham, VA. The
cost will be $3.00 payable at the beginning of the tour and covers a wineglass
and taste testing. There will be an area to open up those picnic baskets while
we eat overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains. Please R.S.V.P. no later than June
5, preferably by email, to Steven Schlossman at 202-478-0768.
Directions to the Start:
From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
- Take exit 49 to I-66 west.
- Take exit 52 to Route 29.
- Turn left at the traffic light onto 29 north.
- Right turn at second traffic light onto Centrewood Drive.
- Turn left at next traffic light onto St. Germain Drive.
- We will meet in front of the Clock Tower Thrift Shop.
- There is a Bagel Bakery, Jaimie's Coffeshop, and Mobil gas station near
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
- Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
- Follow directions above.
Additional information about the Naked
Mountain Winery can be found.